Sat, Jul 15|
Relaxation Massage & Touch in a Doula's SOP.
A hands-on, interactive training led by Erica Manto Paulson, owner and director of The Doula School, for the hands-on work we do as doulas within our Scope of Practice.
Time & Location
Jul 15, 10:30 AM – 11:40 AM
Cincinnati, 3443 Edwards Rd Second Floor, Suite C, Cincinnati, OH 45208, USA
About the event
Learn the fundamentals of touch and massage for the laboring woman that go beyond what you learned in your doula training including...
• Difference between theraputic and relaxation massage and how to stay within your Scope of Practice
• Benefits of touch and relaxation massage during labor
• Use (or when not to use) of massage oils/lotions
• Use (or when not to use) heat and cold
• Help ease labor pains • Support the hip and low back during labor • Support the neck and shoulders of the nursing, postpartum client.
• Pregnancy conditions and contraindactions for relaxation massage, (i.e. points on the body that can stimulate contraction during pregnancy)
• Side-lying and semi-reclined positioning
• Development of exceptional draping skills
• Proper posture (to save YOUR back)
You will have the benefit of applying hands-on skills practice BEFORE you attend a birth.
Included: trial size organic carrier massage oil for you to keep, all handouts and materials provided
Certification of Completion Provided after the Workshop
Touch for Doulas$99.00+$2.48 service fee