Wed, Jan 31|
Relaxation Massage & Touch in a Doula's SOP
Massage is known to decrease the length of labor, reduce the need for labor augmentation, provide pain relief and dramatically increase the odds of a natural birth.
Time & Location
Jan 31, 2024, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
About the event
Learn the fundamentals of touch and massage for the laboring woman that go beyond what you learned in your doula training including...
• Difference between theraputic and relaxation massage and how to stay within your Scope of Practice
• Benefits of touch and relaxation massage during labor
• Use (or when not to use) of massage oils/lotions
• Use (or when not to use) heat and cold
• Help ease labor pains
• Pregnancy conditions and contraindactions for relaxation massage, (i.e. points on the body that can stimulate contraction during pregnancy)
• Side-lying and semi-reclined positioning
• Proper posture (to save YOUR back)
As doulas we know that labor can be physically and emotionally challening for the mother. Dads and birth partners often feel at a loss about how to provide relaxing touch techniques that will ease her pain and incease her chances of having a natural birth. Learning the massage techniques specifically designed for use during labor can help you as a doula to give the birth partner a positive role to play and help the mother at the same time.
- Ticket type
Touch for DoulasPrice$79.00
+$1.98 service fee+$1.98 service fee